Maybe Less Buyer's Remorse: Nicky Delmonico Suspended 50 Games

Yardball85

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

JULY 17

• Free agent 2B Ryan Adams

Suspension Length: 100 games (second positive test)

Violating Substance: Amphetamines

Adams, now 27, was drafted by the Orioles in the second round (58th overall) out of high school in Louisiana. He rose as high as the No. 8 prospect in the organization after the 2010 season and reached the majors for 29 games in 2011, hitting .289. But he was hit with a drug suspension following the 2012 season and became a free agent. He did not play in 2013 and signed as a free agent with the Dodgers in January. He played 45 games this season, all but one at Double-A Chattanooga, before being released last week. His suspension will take effect upon signing with his next organization.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/minors/minor-league-drug-suspensions-2014/

Tigers C Ronny Paulino

Suspension Length: 100 games

Violating Substance: Exogenous Testosterone (second positive test)

Paulino, 32, has played eight seasons in the major leagues with the Pirates, Marlins, Mets and Orioles with a .272/.324/.376 slash line, but has not played in the bigs since 2012. He is slated to begin the season with Triple-A Toledo following his suspension.

JULY 17

• Free agent 2B Ryan Adams

Suspension Length: 100 games (second positive test)

Violating Substance: Amphetamines

Adams, now 27, was drafted by the Orioles in the second round (58th overall) out of high school in Louisiana. He rose as high as the No. 8 prospect in the organization after the 2010 season and reached the majors for 29 games in 2011, hitting .289. But he was hit with a drug suspension following the 2012 season and became a free agent. He did not play in 2013 and signed as a free agent with the Dodgers in January. He played 45 games this season, all but one at Double-A Chattanooga, before being released last week. His suspension will take effect upon signing with his next organization.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/minors/minor-league-drug-suspensions-2014/

Shame to hear about Adams. I actually liked him as a second base candidate back when he played with us.

Mods feel free to move this but I figure with the deadline approaching, this is somewhat relelvant to this section.

https://twitter.com/MLBPipeline/status/493868262749638656

Makes us feel a bit better about dealing him for K-ROD. His OPS in A-ball this year is at .704.

Yes, that does make me feel better. Especially about the .704 OPS while repeating A Ball. Looks like he has missed significant time already this year, before this suspension. He really needs to make his move next year.

And Buck should have made Krod the closer and we might have made it to the post season. Sorry, had to vent:) Still makes me upset. JJ was so bad and he kept marching him out there. Frustrating.

I feel much better about this year.

And Buck should have made Krod the closer and we might have made it to the post season. Sorry, had to vent:) Still makes me upset. JJ was so bad and he kept marching him out there. Frustrating.

I feel much better about this year.

What an ignorant statement! The O's acquired KRod on July 23rd. Johnson converted 15 of 18 saves after that, blowing three straight Aug 9-13th. Even if KRod is made the closer AND he converts all 18 saves we STILL don't make the playoffs!

What an ignorant statement! The O's acquired KRod on July 23rd. Johnson converted 15 of 18 saves after that, blowing three straight Aug 9-13th. Even if KRod is made the closer AND he converts all 18 saves we STILL don't make the playoffs!

Well that is an ignorant response. You can disagree without the name calling. I sir believe in more things than the stats you hide behind and wear as a shield. I believe those games he blew and others directly killed much momentum the team had.

It would be nice if you were slightly polite when responding to a post.

Stay classy sir.

Well that is an ignorant response. You can disagree without the name calling.

I called your post ignorant not you. Even if I think that!

I sir believe in more things than the stats you hide behind and wear as a shield. I believe those games he blew and others directly killed much momentum the team had.

You can play that game all you want. You can say KRod would have saved them all and saved our season. He could have also blown more. But I'm sure your hate for Johnson will never allow you to admit that.

It would be nice if you were slightly polite when responding to a post.

Stay classy sir.

tissue.gif

Archived